The 50/50 raffle tickets are $100 each and are limited to only 200 tickets. So get yours while you can.
The winner will receive $10,000!
The ASHAV Futurities are held each year and are offered to all breeders of the American Saddlebred Horse. The futurity consists of three classes, the ASHAV Open weanling and yearling classes will be in-hand classes and the 2-year old class will be under saddle (walk-trot).
WHAT FOALS ARE ELIGIBLE?
All foals must be the offspring of stallions and mares who have been nominated to the ASHAV Futurity. Any nomination described in these rules must be made by the stallion owner, the mare owner, the owner of the colt, or their authorized agent. NOTE: It is the responsibility of the individual nominating the mare to determine whether the sire of the foal has been properly nominated.
To nominate a stallion to the ASHAV futurities, it is necessary that:
1) The stallion is registered with the American Saddlebred Registry (ASR).
2) A fee of $50.00 is paid to the ASHAV Futurity on or before June 15 of the year the foal is born.
To nominate a mare to the ASHAV futurities, it is necessary that:
1) The mare is registered with the American Saddlebred Registry (ASR).
2) A fee of $5.00 is paid to the ASHAV Futurity on or before June 15 of the year the foal is born.
To make a foal eligible to show in the futurity, the following conditions must be complied with:
1) The sire and dam must be nominated to the ASHAV futurity by June 15 of the year in which the foal is born.
2) A fee of $20.00 must be paid to the ASHAV Futurity on or before June 15 of the year in which the foal is born.
3) In order to be shown in the weanling division, the foal must be registered with the ASR on or before the post entry closing dates for the ASHAV Horse Show.
4) If not shown as a weanling, the foal must be registered (or an application received in the ASR office) by December 31 of the foaling year. Pending applications must be complete before February 28 of the yearling year.
To keep a yearling eligible to show in the ASHAV futurities, the following conditions must be complied with:
1) The horse must have been nominated as a weanling and all conditions and requirements must have been fulfilled.
2) A fee of $25.00 must be paid to the ASHAV Futurity on or before June 15 when the entry is a yearling.
2-YEAR OLD ELIGIBILITY
To keep a 2-year old eligible to show in the ASHAV futurities, the following conditions must be complied with:
1) The horse must have been nominated as a weanling and all conditions of a weanling and yearling must have been fulfilled.
2) A fee of $30.00 per division must be paid to the ASHAV Futurity on or before June 15 when the entry is a 2-year old.
The futurities will be held each year at the ASHAV Horse Show located at the Virginia Horse Center in Lexington, VA.
The foal must be properly entered at the ASHAV Horse Show. To receive a show number, registration papers or a pending certificate of registration must be presented to the horse show secretary.
Weanling and Yearling
Entries will enter the ring one at a time showing at a trot, to be led down the right hand rail to the other end of the ring, return to the judge at a trot, and then be judged on conformation. On the return lead, entries are permitted to trot past the judges to the end of the ring if so desired, and then return to the judges. The entry will then be led to the opposite wall at a walk, out of the way of subsequent entries. Entries are not to be judged on lunging.
1) Entries are to be led in the ring and shown in bride or halter without quarter boots, blinkers, blindfolds, or other appliances. Prohibited: Curb bits and tail sets on weanlings and yearlings.
2) The use of artificial appliances or devices on weanlings and yearlings such as chains, shackles, rubber bands, and blindfolds is prohibited on the grounds before or during the show. Smooth round leather straps will be allowed on the grounds before the show.
3) Blinker hoods with half-cups mounted in the vertical position so as to allow forward vision are allowed on weanlings and yearlings before a class.
4) Weanlings and yearlings must show with uncut, unset tails. Tail sets and bustles worn on the show grounds in preparation for the show are expressly forbidden on weanlings. Bustles are permitted on yearlings.
1) Entries will be shown under saddle in a walk and trot class. The 2-year olds can be shown in a snaffle bridle with a martingale in accordance to the USEF rules and regulations.
2) Cut and uncut tails will be allowed.
The value of the prize funds for the ASHAV futurities each year shall be a total amount of money paid in fees, miscellaneous funds, added donations, and interest; less administrative costs.
Distribution of Prize Money:
SIRE/DAM PURSES (Added Money) – The nominator of the sire and/or dam of the winning weanling will receive $100.00 per nomination. The nominator of the sire and/or dam of the second place weanling will receive $50.00 per nomination.
The remaining Prize Fund shall be divided equally among the weanling, yearling, and 2-year old divisions. In each division the winner will receive 33% of the prize fund of that division; second 25%; third 17%; fourth 12%; fifth 8%; and sixth 5%.
Prize money will be paid to the legal owner within 10 business days of the closing of the horse show.
All payments to the futurity must be made to the ASHAV Futurity and mailed to Joann Bedsaul; ASHAV Futurity Sec.; 1829 Sheffield Rd, SW; Roanoke, VA 24015-3021 on or before June 15 or bear a U.S. postmark before midnight of such dates. In the event a closing date falls on a Sunday or Legal Holiday, a postmark bearing the following day will be accepted. NOTE: U.S. Postal Service postmark supersedes a postage meter date.
GRACE PERIOD: Five calendar days after payment due date.
No entry is liable for more than the amount paid in, but there will be no return payment. The right is reserved to reject any entry, and to bar any entry from competition for failure to comply with the conditions of the Futurity. Any entry with prohibited equipment will be disqualified from further competition and shall forfeit all entry fees and winnings.
Management assumes no responsibility to remind nominators of payments due.